Anders Gurda, Associate Researcher in Organic and Sustainable Cropping Systems
Registration is open for the 2017 OGRAIN Organic Grain Production and Marketing Workshop on January 21st and 22nd, 2017!
Two days of expert presentations, engaging panels, productive discussions, and plenty of time to meet other farmers interested in organic grain production in the Upper Midwest.
For more information and to register go to: http://ograin.bpt.me
Come get the tools, techniques, and network necessary to get started and succeed in producing and marketing organic grains:
- Enterprise budgeting and doing the numbers on transition with Paul Dietmann of
- Organic weed management with Gary McDonald, cultivation guru
- Organic certification with Jackie DeMinter of MOSA
- Organic grain 101 with Carmen Fernholz, A-Frame Farm and University of MN
- Beginning farmer panel
- Organic Marketing panel
- Food-grade grain production with Dr. Julie Dawson (UW-Madison) and Gilbert
Williams (Lonesome Stone Milling LLC)
- Organic No-Till production with Dr. Erin Silva and farmer panel
- Finding the right rotation for you (workshop led by successful organic grain farmers)
- And many more….