2012 Pest Management Field Day
Bryan Jensen, IPM Program
Please join us Wednesday, July 11 for our annual Pest Management Field Day at the Arlington Agricultural Research Station. This will be an excellent opportunity to see new pest management research projects and to hear updates on the long term projects.
Speakers and topics are:
- Where Does Soybean Aphid Overwinter, David Hogg, Dept. of Entomology
- Soybean Pest Management Potpourri: Roots to Shoots, Shawn Conley, Dept. of Agronomy
- Transgenic Corn Hybrid Combinations: Updates and Risk Issues, Joe Lauer, Dept. of Agronomy
- Systems Approach to Reducing Herbicide Resistance Selection Pressure, Vince Davis, Dept. of Agronomy
- Connections Between Residual Herbicides and Sustainability; Yield, Climate and Resistance, Ryan DeWerff, Becky Redline and Ross Recker, Dept. of Agronomy
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa in No-Till Fields, Mark Renz, Dept. of Agronomy
- Weed-free Period for Switchgrass Establishment, Ariel Larson, Dept. of Agronomy
- Update on Glyphosate Resistant Giant Ragweed, Dave Stoltenberg, Dept. of Agronomy
The Field Tour will depart from the Public Events Facility promptly at 8:30 am and return around noon. In case of rain, “field tours” will be conducted inside the Public Events Facility. A light lunch will be provided after the tour is completed.
After lunch, the Corn and Soybean Herbicide Demonstration plots will be available for viewing at the usual location along Badger Lane. Weed Science faculty and staff will be available to assist with this informal tour and discussion.
The Public Events Facility is located on the Arlington Agricultural Research Station, N695 Hopkins Road. If traveling from the south, exit I 90/94 onto Hwy 51 North. Look for the Arlington Ag. Research Station sign north of Deforest. Turn left (west) onto Badger Lane. Travel 1 mile and turn left (south) onto Hopkins Rd. If traveling from the north, exit I 90/94 onto Hwy 60. Travel east through Arlington and turn south onto Hwy 51. For more detailed driving direction click on http://www.ars.wisc.edu/arlington/directions.html