Francisco Arriaga, UW-Madison Soil Science
To view this announcement as a PDF follow the link below:
The Department of Soil Science and the University of Wisconsin-Cooperative Extension will host eight meetings to provide updates on:
- Cover crop & fertilizer technologies
- Nutrient management BMPs on tile-drained land
- Efficacy of aglime and pell lime in no-till and chisel systems
- Minimizing nitrate loss from manure-amended sandy soils
- Current topics in soil testing and nutrient management
- Better & faster nutrient management planning:Version 2
- Tillage options for crop residue and soil compaction management
Speakers include Sue Porter from Wis. DATCP, and Matt Ruark, Carrie Laboski, John Peters, and Francisco Arriaga from UW-Madison Dept. of Soil Science.
Each meeting will begin at 10:00 am and end at 3:00 pm. The $35.00 registration fee includes lunch and information materials. A total of 4 CEUs will be provided (2 CEUs in soil & water management and 2 CEUs in nutrient management). Reservations should be made with the host agent.
Organizers request participants to pre-register with the host agent at least 1 week before the meeting they wish to attend.
The schedule for the 2013 Soil, Water, & Nutrient Management Meetings is:
- Dec. 3, Fitchburg, contact Heidi Johnson, 608-224-3716
- Dec. 4, Sparta, contact Bill Halfman, 608-269-8722
- Dec. 5, Eau Claire, contact Mark Hagedorn, 715-839-4712
- Dec. 6, Marshfield, contact Don Genrich, 608-339-4237
- Dec. 9, Juneau, contact Brenda Wenzel, 920-386-3790
- Dec. 10, Shawano, contact Jamie Patton, 715-526-6136
- Dec. 11, Kiel, contact Mike Ballweg, 920-459-5904
- Dec. 12, Dodgeville, contact Gene Schriefer, 608-930-9850
CONTACT: Francisco Arriaga, email@example.com, 608-263-3913