Alissa L. Grenawalt, Extension Outreach Specialist, Department of Animal Sciences
Members of Wisconsin 4-H and FFA grades 3-13 (as of January 1, 2016) are encouraged to participate in a new video contest opportunity highlighting the importance of soybeans in livestock projects. Winners can earn cash awards and be recognized at the 2016 Wisconsin State Fair!
Get your smartphone, video camera or tablet ready and enter a two – minute (or less) video that addresses one of the following topics that revolve on the importance of soybeans in Wisconsin.
Four video categories include: (grade is based as of 1/1/2016)
1. Youth grades 3-6: Talk about your livestock (dairy, poultry, swine, beef, sheep or goat projects) and what you have learned?
2. Older youth, grades 7-13: Talk about soybeans and the nutritional importance with livestock (dairy, poultry, swine, beef, sheep, and goats).
3. Older youth, grades 7-13: Talk about how your livestock or crop experiences in 4-H/FFA may impact your future career choices (i.e. animal science, agronomy)
4. Video Production Awards (grades 3-13): An award will be given to the video that has the highest production quality.
Cash prizes will be awarded to our winners as follows:
1st prize in each category : $300
2nd prize in each category: $150
3rd prize in each category: $75
In addition, four lucky urban youth will get the chance to spend a day on the farm with our winners. These winners will also be recognized and have their videos played at the 2016 Wisconsin State Fair!
Video entries can be submitted the following ways:
-YouTube—(Email link to email@example.com and set privacy level to private.)
-Dropbox or Google Drive: —(Email link to firstname.lastname@example.org and check privacy settings)
–Mail on a Flash Drive or DVD
Videos can be mailed to: Spill the Beans Video Contest
Attn: Alissa Grenawalt
1675 Observatory Drive, Room 287
Madison, WI 53706
This new opportunity to share these agriculture stories with our consumers is made possible by a number of key sponsors:
- Wisconsin Soybean Marketing Board
- Pam Jahnke, Fabulous Farm Babe
- Wisconsin Beef Council
- Wisconsin Pork Association
- Wisconsin 4-H, UW-Extension
- Wisconsin FFA
- Wisconsin Department of Animal Sciences
- Wisconsin State Fair
For further questions, please contact Linda Funk, WI Soybean Marketing Board email@example.com or Alissa Grenawalt, Extension Outreach Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the Wisconsin Youth Livestock web site athttp://fyi.uwex.edu/youthlivestock/spillthebeans-video-contest/.
Thanks in advance!