Mark Renz, Associate Professor and Extension Specialist, University of Wisconsin Madison
Have weeds in your pastures that you can’t get under control? If so consider attending a field-day on August 14th from 9 am to 1 pm at the UW Lancaster Research Station co-hosted by the University of Wisconsin Madison and Corteva Agrisciences.
At this event we will be showcasing current and future weed management tools and techniques that will improve pasture health, productivity and utilization. Presentations as well as in field demonstrations will be highlighted that improve weed management and profitability in pastures from UW Madison’s Mark Renz and Corteva’s Elyssa Trejo. Topics covered include:
· Identification of common pasture weeds in Wisconsin
· Overview of ways to reduce weed populations by changing grazing methods
· Current herbicides available and how to best utilize to meet your pasture’s needs
· Demonstration of a DuraCor™ herbicide, a new product anticipated to be registered for the 2020 season
· Sneak peek at the effectiveness and resulting productivity and utilization of an experimental herbicide that can be broadcasted for weed control in legume/grass pastures.
Attendance is free but registration is required. Click here to register. Check in will begin at 8 a.m. with coffee and donuts with the event starting at 9 a.m. followed by lunch (sponsored by Corteva).
Location: University of Wisconsin Lancaster Agriculture Research Station
7396 State Road 35 and 81; Lancaster, WI 53813